Family and Immigration Law solicitor
Ruth obtained a law degree (LLB Honours) from the University of Northampton and obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
Ruth is a Member of Resolution and was admitted as a Solicitor in October 2008
Ruth’s practice areas include:
- Divorce and Dissolution of Civil Partnerships, division of assets following relationship breakdown, cohabitation agreements, prenuptial and separation agreements and financial provision for children
- Representing unmarried partners in financial issues and division of assets before and after separation
- Child Arrangement Orders formerly known as residence and contact orders, Special Guardianship Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders, Parental Responsibility and Specific Issue Orders which include relocation, name change, tracing a child’s whereabouts and so forth
- Domestic Abuse; non-molestation orders for associated persons and occupation orders
- Defending Care Proceedings, applications to discharge or vary Care Orders, Adoption
- Family Applications such as in-country and entry clearance for married couples, family re-unification, durable subsisting relationships and dependent relatives
- Overstayers- overstayed your visa for reasons outside your control? Ruth will explore ways in which you can regularise your stay in the UK
- Naturalisation as a British Citizen for adults and Registration of children as British Citizens
- Applications relating to EU nationals and their non-EU family members
- Human Rights- the European Human Rights law affects most application in Immigration law especially those under Family Applications.
Ruth has successfully handled the following cases:
- Helped parents to have regular and meaningful contact with their children following relationship breakdown. Ruth has successfully challenged parents who are hostile to contact arrangements. She has equally defended child arrangement applications where contact sought is unreasonable or there are welfare concerns
- Assisted parents in child care proceedings where the Official Solicitor has been invited to act
- Assisted parents in concurrent child care and Human Rights proceedings
- Various Financial Relief Matters where a third party [Intervenor] has an interest in the matrimonial properties
- Represented Petitioners and Respondents in defended and undefended divorce proceedings and dissolution of civil partnership and progressed divorce proceedings that have stalled due to Respondent’s refusal to comply
- Handled financial relief matters in divorce proceedings with assets worth over £5m.
- “Ruth has been there for me for nearly 2yrs and has been invaluable to me, she has dealt with many issues and so far have had good results on all requests and does her best to resolve issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.” Ms J, Northampton
- “Experience was quite interesting and fascinating. My specific experience with this Solicitor is in the area of Children-Residence and contact. She comes across as a very experience and professional solicitor with great attention to details. In addition to these skills, she is also a good listener” Mr P, Northampton
- “The Solicitor kept me informed at every step and felt like I knew what to expect from the beginning” Mr M, Northampton
- “Our solicitor is very helpful advice given was honest” Miss K, Luton
Family solicitor and Business Consultant
Gina obtained a LLB Honours law degree from Birmingham City University and gained a diploma in Legal Practice from the University of Law.
She was admitted as a Solicitor in August 2008 and Gina is a member of Resolution.
Gina has a strong social ethic and this has influenced her interests in other areas. Gina is a school governor and advises the school on equal opportunity and health and safety matters. She is an Advisor to the board of local charities; where she advises the Charities on their legal obligations and assists with the development of policy. Gina is involved with LRC offering free advice and guidance. Gina is also instrumental in developing governance structures within the charities. Gina has been a speaker at the University of Leicester on the issue of FGM and delivered legal lectures on the radio.
Legal Executive Advocate
Faizal Essat is admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and is also admitted as a Legal Executive Advocate.
He is our Civil Litigation Lawyer.
Faizal is a senior lawyer with extensive experience in private practice as well as the public sector and has substantial experience in handling large value and complex litigation claims.
Shim has over 10 years’ experience as a manager which has involved all aspects of running a business including, HR/Recruitment, performance management, disciplinary and appeals, business development and sales analysis.
Shim has an AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and has also worked in the community before joining AGR Law in September 2017.
Whilst working for a well-known Swedish company, Shim was also a key part of setting up a brand-new branch of the business which utilised Shim’s strengths in leadership, coaching new teams, organisation, diplomacy and analytical skills. Once established, Shim’s store was used as a mentoring site for new management teams to the business.
Shim brings a wealth of experience to AGR Law from her background in management and fits into the team dynamics really well.
At AGR Law, Shim is active in business development, progression, and development of systems of processes. Shim’s keen analysis of systems and data ensures the Directors are aware where resources are allocated and contributes to effective management of the firm.